George Alger: Communications, media and technology.
“Connecting messages of human good with the good of humanity.”
As a marketing, advertising and media pro (specializing in TV, video and online advertising), George increases revenue for businesses.
He is fortunate to have been part of a small team that built a health and vitamin business from nothing to over $100 million in 3 years via online advertising, direct mail and national TV.
He is also privileged to help nonprofits build communities and amplify their causes.
For more information, visit George’s companies:
AWARD-WINNING CABLE TV PRODUCER AND FILMMAKER
“To me, what’s more important if you want to tell a story, and you want to own the story you’re telling; get out in the world, hit the road, and have some real life experience that’s going to feed your mind.” Robert Redford
George is an award-winning producer of short-form videos, documentaries and an award-winning producer of the weekly cable television series, Our Ventura TV. He has produced over 1200 local TV shows, including over 100 PSA’s, commercials, TV spots and shorts.
Our Ventura TV is a weekly television talk show series broadcast on Ventura cable channel 6 TV, published on social media networks and also on OurVentura.com. The programs are primarily about nonprofits, community advocates, leaders, artists and organizations who contribute in some way to the Ventura County community.
For more information, visit the TV series:
Awards and Press
- 2021: Article, Ventura Breeze First Responders Tribute Series
- 2021: Article, Ventura Breeze Homeless Documentary
- 2021: Article, Citizens Journal “The Homeless Coronavirus Outreach”
- 2021: Article in the Ventura Breeze
- 2021: Article in the Citizens Journal
- 2020: Article in the Citizens Journal
- 2020: Article in the Ventura Breeze (p18)
- 2020: Article in the VC Reporter
- 2020: Article on the home page of the Ventura Breeze
- 2020: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper
- 2019: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper (p16)
- 2018: Winner — Imagine Then Vote; Go Outside (And Vote), AKA Propaganda Rejects
- 2018: Article in the Ventura Breeze newspaper (p17)
- 2018: Article in the Camarillo Acorn newspaper
- 2017: Article in Toastmasters International magazine (p27)
- 2016: Runner Up — Short Film; Ocean Defenders: Stories Lived
- 2016: Honorable Mention — Short Film; Heaven on Earth: Heaven Now Project
- 2015: Community TV Recognition Award — Our Ventura TV: CAPS TV
- 2014: Finalist — Public Service Announcement (PSA); Ventura County Sheriff’s K9 Unit: ACM West (Association for Community Media)
- 2014: Article in the Ventura County Star
- 2013: Winner — Documentary/Interviews; Civic and Community; Face of Ventura: CAPS TV
- 2012: Winner — Documentary/Interviews; Civic and Community; Legacy of Tortilla Flats: CAPS TV
- 2012: Finalist — Documentary/Interview; Arts, Culture and Music; Expressionist Artist: CAPS TV
- 2011: Finalist — Performance; Arts, Culture and Music; Phillie Ain’t No Fool: CAPS TV
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” Ansel Adams
George has a diverse background of photographic shooting and printing experiences, and much interrelated media-associated familiarity with design, graphic arts, video, TV and advertising.
Commercial photography projects have encompassed industries such as: merchandising, fashion, restaurants, health, education, real estate, manufacturing, computers, bottling and petroleum.
Air and sea projects include assignments from a helicopter, cherry picker (mobile crane), and an open sea assignment shooting one-time America’s Cup winner, The Courageous.
Subjects that George has photographed include: business executives, politicians, manufacturing workers, office personnel, and a knife-wielding sushi chef.
Professional photographic assignments that George has been involved with have been published in Boston Magazine, Money Magazine, Inc Magazine, as well as numerous catalogs, brochures, and corporate annual reports.
Photo Admirations & Miscellanea
- Kodak KINSA Awardee (This work was published in newspapers throughout the US, Canada and Mexico, and included within a North American touring exhibit.)
- Cover photo award-winning Cabbages & Kings magazine
- Photo Editor for college art magazine
- Photography instructor to Boy Scouts
- Color darkroom seminar leader
- Taught digital photography workshops
- Multiple motorcycle cross-country photo tours
“You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” Jack London
George has authored media for TV, video, marketing, advertising, publicity, presentations, promotion, management, fiction and letters to his mom (never enough from her perspective).
“We live in a mad world. But there is a simplicity yearning inside us for recognition.” When queried further George may reply, “Great googly moogly and holy guacomole!”
(Translation: Have fun!)
George has had several short stories published as well as countless non-fiction works.
In the genre of contemporary fiction, George writes around the edges of life and death: An area of livingness in transition, oftentimes rich with heightened awareness and personal insights….
IS IT AGAINST THE LAW TO KILL A DEAD MAN? (click title to read)
•Love & life in a funeral home showroom•
(2079-word short story)
“‘Is he dead yet!?’ Zelda fired her query at the Funeral Director with a thrust of pointed hostility.”
RIGHT TURN (click title to read)
•A new life•
(1490-word short story)
“One’s perceptions can be funny. Whose to say what is real and what isn’t, anyway?”
WINTER REVELATION (click title to read)
(2998-word short story)
“In ways that he never noticed before, she was more beautiful. Not the same kind of physical beauty she possessed in their early days, but in a way, much more pervasive—if only he would take the time to look.”
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” Sir Winston Churchill
George has given innumerable professional presentations; answered live call-in questions on TV; hosted and produced hundreds of cable TV shows; been interviewed for publicity videos; has given speeches, told stories, and inspired audiences in Great Britain, Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Arizona, Illinois and mostly in California. He has spoken to intimate groups, as well as to audiences of dozens, hundreds and thousands at a time.
Since 2008, he has also been an ongoing host for the award-winning local cable television series, Our Ventura TV, interviewing nonprofits, community advocates, leaders and artists.
George has achieved the Toastmasters International “Distinguished Toastmaster” honor (highest leadership and public speaking award) and is a Past President of one of the top Toastmasters groups in the world, the Renaissance Speakers, in Hollywood, CA.